Why not try this yummy Whole Wheat Greek Pasta Salad for lunch one day this week:
(credit original source https://www.foodiecrush.com/greek-pasta-salad/
Whole Wheat Greek Pasta Salad
- ½ pound whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped or cut into 1/8th (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 roasted red and/or yellow bell pepper roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- ¼ cup sliced kalamata olives sliced in half
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic minced or pressed
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Pinch of sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup basil slivered
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil, add a generous dose of kosher salt and cook the whole wheat penne pasta according to package directions or until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.
- While pasta is cooking, combine the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano, sugar, kosher salt and black pepper in a small mason jar or any container with a lid and shake well. Ass the tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, capers and kalamata olives to a medium bowl and pour the dressing over the vegetables and let sits for 15 minutes for flavours to combine.
- Add to the pasta and basil slivers to the veggie blend and fold. Season with more kosher salt and black pepper to taste and garnish with crumbled feta. Add more olive oil if the pasta seems dry.