We all enjoy snacking, so how about trying healthy hummus with crudites, breadsticks and/or pitta bread as the perfect snack. You can even make the hummus at home.
(credit original source https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/recipes/healthy-hummus)
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Warm pitta bread, cut in chunks to serve
- 1. This recipe is a great source of fibre, which is essential for good digestive health
- If you don’t have any tinned chickpeas you could use dried ones and follow the pack instructions to prepare and cook them.
- To add extra flavour, add 2 tsp of tahini, or 1 tsp smoked paprika or cumin. To give it more zing, add the grated zest of lemon.
- Freezing instructions: Freeze in portions then defrost in the fridge, or microwave, taking care to stir regularly.